Looking for a perfect tool to build your body’s balance and take your fitness to the next level? If so, then the balance board is the perfect pick for your exercise room. Balance boards have an unstable surface-like structure that lets you tilt up to 15 degrees to challenge your core strength and build your balance. It also improves your body’s posture, enhances body awareness and efficiency.
Scientific study also suggests that a balance board is a valid tool for maintaining posture and stability for a human body. We did our expert research to choose the best products in the category for you.
Best Balance Board In UK [Reviews]
Whether you are a trainee or an advanced user, you will definitely benefit from a balancing board. The use of a balancing board is a great way to exercise your muscles which you don’t normally. They are the perfect pick for physical treatment, rehabbing ankles, knees, and many other parts of the body.
Balancing boards are used in many versatile workouts. If you practice sports like yoga, snowboarding, surfing, etc., you will find balance board vital. You can also use a balancing board in your daily life for a workout without putting in extra time and energy.
Here are the few picks for the Best Balancing Board in the UK:
With a deflection of 30 degrees, TheraBand Rocker provides a linear plane for balance training and building core strength. It’s durable and lightweight so that you can work out anywhere. It’s made from molded black plastic, has an anti-skid surface at the bottom, and a specially designed tactile top surface.
TheraBoard offers an unstable and sensory surface that doesn’t allow the user to rest, and the user could never find a point of steadiness. It also helps in injury rehabilitation, post-rehab conditioning, and overall fitness.
- Lightweight & Compact: This balance board weighs just 3.5 pounds. Which makes it easy to carry it around.
- Unstable and Sensory-Stimulating Surface: It provides somatic sense response during balancing exercise, which helps overall fitness.
- Maximum Weight: StrongBoard balance board can hold up to 300 lbs.
- Dimensions: 7.62 x 38.1 x 45.72 cm; 1.59 Kg
TheraBoard is ideal for physical treatments like injury, post-rehab conditioning, and fitness applications due to its sensory-stimulating surface. It is made from black molded plastic, a top with a specially-designed tactile surface and an anti-skid surface on the bottom.
2. Revolution Swell 2.0 | Surf & Paddle Balance Board Trainer
Revolution Swell 2.0 is well designed for balancing board to prepare users to surf in the water that requires your entire body to work together. It helps users better their balance, stability, coordination, and exercise key muscle groups that are important to improving your riding skills.
The long-drawn-out roller and large Swell board, combined with the Magswitch stop system, allows for a range of heel-to-toe and side-to-side balance exercises. This also makes the Swell balance board remarkable for tricks and performing surf popups. The Revolution Swell can be used for watersports and prepares new users or beginners to get out there for the first time.
- Dura Soft Traction Top: This makes it very comfortable and fun to use, even bare feet. It’s also super durable.
- Extended Roller, More Challenge: This allows the user to both heels to toe and side to side balance training. It’s perfect for the user to maximize his skills in the water.
- Magwitch Adjustable Stop: Swell 2.0 contains a magnetic stop system, which is adjustable without tools in a few seconds. Beginners can easily get started by adjusting low rolling distance, and when trained, they can then set it to high rolling distance.
StrongBoard is ideal for physical treatments like injury, treatment for neurological disorders, balance-challenged or indolent seniors. What makes it even better is that you can also practice sports of many kinds and use them to improve your balance. This board is versatile enough to appeal to various users, from inactive seniors to extreme athletes.
3. StrongTek Professional Wooden Balance Board
StrongTek Professional Wooden Balance Board is well designed to keep the user in shape, building a strong, toned core. This board is great for all, designed to arouse your strength and decrease your reaction time. StrongTek is crafted with heavy-duty plywood that offers multiple training tactics.
It is designed to have a lower impact, harder to balance than those round wobble balance boards.
StrongTek can be used in the home, gym, and office to stimulate your core strength and improve the user’s stamina, reaction time, and agility. This is a premier accessory to work out for people trying to get in shape or dancers, athletes, and gymnasts.
- Compatible Trainer: This lightweight trainer is portable, and you can also use it at home, gym or anywhere you want due to its portable size.
- Slip Resilient Base: The surface of the board has a resilient base that’s gentle for bare feet, as well as keeps you safely in your place.
- Strong Base: StrongTek is made from durable plywood that lasts longer than the boards made from other materials.
- Weight Limit: It can bear up to 350 pounds.
- Dimensions: (LxWxH = 17.5″x13.5″x3″)
StrongTek is very easy to use and is affordable compared to others of this type. It’s made from heavy-duty plywood, which makes it very strong. Its slip-resistant base helps the user to maintain his position. Its strong base can hold up to a large amount of weight without bending it down.
Revolution 101 is the balance board that came after years of refining as the company keeps improving its product quality over time. Revolution 101 is a great way to improve your balance and body balance for sports like skateboarding, surfing, wakeboarding, and more.
This board greatly strengthens core muscle groups and overall steadiness. You can also make your workout more fun and dynamic by combining other workouts like weight lifting or calisthenics with the Revolution 101 into your daily routine.
If you are an athlete, it’s a great way to improve your balance and stability. Using Revolution 101, you can step up on your opponents, and Revolution 101 can give you just that.
- Light Weight and Compact: It is light weighted and weighs only 6.77 pounds. You can carry it anywhere, and you can also keep it in your backpack. The whole set weighs only
- Dura Soft Traction Top: It has a very soft traction top that makes it very comfortable and fun to use. It feels softer on foot.
- Built to Last: The 2 piece set of this balance board are heavy in duty composite construction making them last for years.
Revolution 101 Balance Board has been refined over the years to get this shape and efficiency. It’s easy to use and is affordable compared to others of this type. This is fun using and can be used for a long as you want because you may get tired, but this hardcore will not break-in.
Sportneer Balance Ball has 8 anti-slide floor pads and an anti-slip durable surface that’ll let you feel stable while you work out, even if you are sweaty. It is made with 8mm of thick PVC and can bear weight up to 300 lbs.
It’s a one kit gym made from a base of about 23.4 inches in diameter. It comes with two resistance bands. This ball-like structured balance board helps you improve balance and stability, helps tone your muscles, rehabilitate muscles after injury, and relaxes you from noisy surroundings.
It also includes a pump. You can use it to pump up your desired board stability. It’s a full package for you to work out. You can balance your body as well as do push-ups, crunches, and many more exercises with this Sportneer Balance ball.
- Adjustable Resistance: You can pump up to increase or decrease board steadiness according to your desire.
- Anti-slip Surface: It is constructed of plywood that has a TPE cover. The non-slip rollers work efficiently on different types of surfaces.
- Weight Limit: It can support up to 300 lbs. without popping up or tearing.
- It is designed with 4mm thick PVC
For those who have no time going for gym, Sportneer balance ball would be the Best Option, providing all the features and functions for doing many workouts.
Balance Board: Buying Guide
There are certain things to look into before investing your money on balance boards.
You need to look for a balance board that suits your budget. Balance boards are not very expensive most of the time. Therefore you can have good quality and durable balance board within a manageable budget. You should look for a medium-priced balance board because high-priced ones are not much different from middle-priced ones.
The Balance board should feel comfortable when you stand on it. If you do not feel comfortable, you should immediately replace it. You use a balance board to align your poster, not to get another pain in the feet because of it. Therefore, you should take care of these things while buying a balance board.
It is very important to note the durability of a balance board right before buying it. It is not just important because you want it to last for longer but also because you can get hurt if your balance board is not durable. You need to check how much mass a balance board can tolerate before buying it if you are obese or have more body mass.
There are two types of balance board materials available in the market. It can either be made up of wood or hard plastic. It is recommended that you choose the plastic material balance board because it is more durable and can tolerate more weight. Wooden balance boards can be broken if some extra weight is put on them.
What material is best for the balance boards?
Balance boards are made up of either plastic or wood. It is better to use the plastic material balance board because it is more durable. Although wooden balance boards are available, they might get broken if too much extra weight is put in them.
What type of balance boards make the best balance boards?
Mostly, sphere and ring balance boards come under the category of best balance boards. It is because they are multi-directional and can rotate clockwise as well as anti-clockwise. Another such type is the springboard which is multi-directional too.
Can balance boards help in aligning the posture?
Balance boards help in maintaining the equilibrium of the body by strengthening the core muscles. They also make the body stronger and more stable. Due to this, you can align your spine for a long time. This is how it helps in aligning the posture.
How often can you use a balance board in a day?
You can use the balance board as often as you want. Ideally, it is recommended to use it for 10-15 minutes daily. However, you can use it for a longer time too. All that you need to consider is to take normal breaks while using it.